Index Wheels for Fluting and Wood Working Enhancements
Flute Master is now the sole owner, manufacturer and distributor of Iron Fire indexing wheels.
It's the same high quality, American made product, and the same personal service and support.
See special offer for AAW Chapters in AAW Marketspace
(Index wheels are included with the Flute Master and the Spiral Master)
Specify the size of your lathe spindle when ordering
1 inch, 1 1/4 inch, 34 mm, or custom size
The Iron Fire Indexing Wheel manufactured by Flute Master is an outstanding wood working design and pattern-making tool that offers accurately engineered hole placements. This allows you to make consistent, evenly spaced construction lines, patterns and design layouts on two dimensional (2D) and three dimensional (3D) wood turning surfaces.
Limited only by the imagination, endless wood working enhancements are possible in fluting, wood burning, dyeing, scribing, carving, chip carving, marking, scoring, piercing, inlays and more!
- Made in USA
- Save hours of time -- no need to build one yourself.
- Made from technical plastic resins for strength and durability.
- Indexing Wheels are available in three common sizes to match standard lathe spindle sizes:
Three Standard Sizes (1): 1"-8 Size (2): 1-1/4"-8 Size (3): 33mm
- Installs securely on lathe spindle quickly, behind standard lathe chuck.
- Will not interfere with lathe performance (10" minimum lathe swing)
Indexing Wheel Hole Patterns / Evenly Spaced Layout Options
Calculated and engineered 14, 36, 48 and 60-hole patterns allow for 20 obvious, symmetrical, evenly spaced layout combinations, as well as hundreds of asymmetrical layout combinations.
- 14 Hole pattern makes 2-7-14 evenly spaced layout options
- 36 Hole pattern makes 2-3-4-9-12-18-36 evenly spaced layout options
- 48 Hole pattern makes 2-3-4-6-8-12-16-24-48 evenly spaced layout options
- 60 Hole pattern makes 2-3-4-5-6-10-12-15-20-30-60 evenly spaced layout options
Index – 20 different Even Combinationsby degrees.
(Even more options by skipping holes.)
- 2 hole pattern = 180° between holes
- 3 hole pattern = 120° between holes
- 4 hole pattern = 90° between holes
- 5 hole pattern = 72° between holes
- 6 hole pattern = 60° between holes
- 7 hole pattern = 51.4° between holes
- 8 hole pattern = 45° between holes
- 9 hole pattern = 40° between holes
- 10 hole pattern = 36° between holes
- 12 hole pattern = 30° between holes
- 14 hole pattern = 25.7° between holes
- 15 hole pattern = 24° between holes
- 16 hole pattern = 22.5° between holes
- 18 hole pattern = 20° between holes
- 20 hole pattern = 18° between holes
- 24 hole pattern = 15° between holes
- 30 hole pattern = 12° between holes
- 36 hole pattern = 10° between holes
- 48 hole pattern = 7.5° between holes
- 60 hole pattern = 6° between holes